USA Team and Meet Information
- Swimmers previously registered as premium 2020 members are good until December 31st, but will need to renew membership for 2021. New USA swimmers may register now and it will be good until Dec. 31, 2021.
- Registration provides swimmers with the opportunity to participate in all USA sanctioned meets.
- You will receive an email with details on completing a transfer form if you have a swimmer that swam for another USA team within the past 12 months.
- USA membership covers insurance for swimmers to train with any USA swimming recognized team (an option when on vacation or out of town)
*It is critical to have all information correct, especially age and sex, etc.
USA Swim Meets:
- Are strongly encouraged, but understand that it is not always possible to attend all meets logistically, financially, etc.
- Can be a single day event up to 8 days (Olympic Trials for example). It is ok if you can’t attend all days.
- Age groups are split up into different sessions and these sessions are decided by the host team. This will be different from meet to meet.
- There is a deadline for all teams to send in their final entries and payments, so please make a note of the entry deadline for each meet. Kristin Rickel will post on Facebook the meet information and deadline for entries.
- Families commit to the days they are available to participate. The Head Coach will select relay swimmers if enough swimmers are attending.
- Meet details and information including timeline and warm-up schedule, will be posted on CCST website and Facebook as soon as host team has provided this information.
Things to remember when attending USA Meets:
- Depending on the pool/facility layout, ONLY swimmers, coaches, officials and volunteers are allowed on deck during a meet. This is a USA swimming rule.
- Events can be listed as Timed Finals (a swimmer will swim each event only once that session) or Prelims/Finals (a swimmer can qualify to return to swim in an event in a separate finals session)
- If a swimmer qualifies for finals, but is unable to attend for any reason, that swimmer must declare their intent to scratch (only done so with permission from the Head Coach). Failure to scratch from a finals event can lead to an event penalty, being disqualified from the meet or occasionally at Championship meets a fine will occur. There will be a separate table on deck where swimmers can officially declare their intent to scratch.
- Some events are deck entered events and usually apply to distance events such as 400/500 Free, 400 IM, 800/,1,000 Free and 1,500/1,650 Free. Relays are often deck entered events as well and will be taken care of by a CCST coach. This is done to keep the meet at a reasonable timeline. There will be a “Scratch Table” on deck, where swimmers can go and check in for deck entered events. Original heat sheets may not list a swimmer’s heat and lane for these events, once these events are re-seeded based on who is swimming then a separate heat sheet will be posted with heat and lane assignments.
- Results will be posted at each meet, occasionally on the host teams website and often on Meet Mobile (However please note that results on Meet Mobile are often not the official results or 100% accurate).
Championship & Qualifying Meets:
- On the meet schedule some meets are listed as qualifying meets, (see meet schedule). When this is the case a swimmer must obtain the necessary qualifying times in order to participate. Qualifying for these meets becomes a major motivational tool for swimmers.